Glass Strengthening Systems, Inc. USA World's Best Security Laminate for Safety & Security protection from Accidents, Robbery and protection of your valuables while traveling in your Car for you & your Family.
Preventing Thefts from Auto
One of the most common types of theft is theft of valuables from your automobile. Theft from auto is strictly a crime of opportunity that can be prevented if you take away the opportunity. Thieves generally won't waste their time breaking into autos that don't have valuables in plain sight.
- The best way to prevent theft from your auto is to always keep valuables "outta sight." Never leave cell phones, briefcases, suitcases, or small electronic devices (personal music devices, digital assistants, etc.) in your car in plain view. Take theses items with you, or secure them — all the time, every time!
- If your car has a trunk, use it. Put valuables in there or in a locked glove compartment. Hiding items under seats is better than leaving them in plain view, but securing them inside the glove compartment or trunk is a far better deterrent.
- During the holiday season especially, or any time you're shopping, place packages in the trunk, not on the passenger seats or floors.
- Look for car radios or other sound systems that can operate only in the vehicle it was originally installed in. This reduces the risk of theft.
- If you can unfasten your sound system and take it with you, or lock it in your trunk, do so. And don't forget to do the same with your CDs and tapes.
- Also, keep your car doors and windows locked – all the time!