These films can be applied to toughened, annealed, or laminated glass. They are available in various thicknesses, from 100 micrometer (or 4 mils minimum 2 ply) through to 525 micrometers + (21 mils). The film thickness is selected for level of protection desired and the dimensions of the glass pane. Manufacturers recommend 100 micrometer film (2 ply)for glass up to 3 mm (1/8 in) and 175 micrometer film for glass over 6 mm (1/4 in).
These films can be applied for security applications, where a delay of forced entry is desired. The Performance of these films is affected by adhesive bond strength, thickness of the polyester, quality of application, and window structure/frame.
The films are adhesive coated to bond them to the glass. The better safety films are those that are smooth-coated, because they have far superior optical clarity.
Safety and security films can have components added, such as for solar control and decorative effects. However, as mentioned before, it is their physical properties that allow them to be used in various applications, such as:
What makes GSS more UNIQUE in the filming industry?
- GSS offers an optional glass breakage warranty.
- GSS offers a limited lifetime product warranty.
- GSS offers powerful Cleaning, Mounting, and Bonding Solution for its film.
- GSS offers certified training for its installing dealers.
- GSS offers an easy to use boxing and tools for the best results in installation.
- GSS offers a portable electric squeegee for consistent installations.
- GSS offers several levels of protection with 1 up to 4 ply (2-mil up to 21-mil) polymer films.
Glass Strengthening Systems
Features and Benefits
- Helps to make glass shatter resistant by increasing glass strength.
- Protects your home and / or your business 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Helps To Protect Against:
- Sudden Storms
- Smash and Grab Burglary
- Forced Entry
- Accidental Glass Shattering
- Glass Related Injuries (Associated with medical costs and liability)
- Fading artwork, fabric, carpets and furnishings
- Picture Perfect View: Optical Grade Polyester is invisible to the eye.
- Cleans as easily as glass.
- Energy savings of up to 12,000 BTU’S / Hr per 100 sq. ft. of sunlit windows DURING daylight hours.
- Glass Strengthening Systems offers extended Optional Glass Breakage Warranties In several levels of protection.
- Glass Strengthening Systems will replace any protected glass (glass, and Film) if it breaks. (See Actual Warranty.) For Details.